Monday 19 March 2012

Prologue

By way of organising these posts, I'm going to structure the posts in accordance with the track listing of a great, yet to be discovered, album called One Act Begins It All by an outstanding duo with a supporting troupe of phenomenal musicians called The Backson Society. Their music can be found here:



Anyway, one of the duo members, Kye Thomas, had (and still has mind you) a fantastic idea of combining stories with music - a project that would provide a soundtrack to a riveting story. Problem was that technology was not like it is now and it was hard to conceive inexpensively. I believe the blog may well be the way.

So, as an homage to that format, I'm going to use posts corresponding to the said album which will provide some context to the posts. Hence this overall post is under 'Overture', for that is the first track of the mighty fine album.

Am I self-promoting here? Damn right!! And why not? It's great stuff!

So, that means that the next lot of posts will be under Dawn but I might not actually go sequentially as there's stuff I'd like to file under Gaia and My God?! soon.
Anyway here's the track listing:
Overture
Dawn
Discovery
My God?!
Unity
Baraka
Serendipity
Cede
Gaia
Grace
These titles nicely cover the themes of dreams, love, (eco)philosophy, religion, spirituality, nature, psychology, politics...
In many ways, some of the stuff I'll rave should've gone on the Myspace site but I never got around to it and so it'll be collated here and I can create links to the myspace site or just cut'n'paste it to there so that site keeps ticking over.

So, Overture is like the big introduction; in musical terms it gave a brief synopsis of what was to be expected in the following symphony - it pronounced the leitmotifs and themes so that the audience would recognise them later in the symphony and get the flow of the story. But sometimes the Overture was so well-constructed and densely packed with the melodies or the following symphony was left unfinished that all we had or remember were Overtures (think Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture). Anyway, the Overture carries with it the main plot, narrative of the following story and I hope that this Overture has adequately portrayed what the following posts will be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment